Best Jeep Tires: When we think about our dream car, it’s not just the sleek exterior and powerful engine that comes to mind. It’s also the tires. Your vehicle is only as good as its tires, so if you want a ride that can tackle any terrain with ease and confidence, then you need perfect tires for your jeep.
The best all-terrain tires we choose are designed for adventure. They’re tough enough to take on any terrain, whether you’re tackling a rocky trail or cruising down the highway. And they’re also built for comfort, so you can enjoy a smooth ride no matter where you go.
How Are These Jeep Tires Different?
There are a few things that make these tires stand out from the crowd.
- Designed specifically for Jeeps: These tires are designed specifically for jeeps, so you can be sure they’ll offer a perfect fit and superior performance.
- Tough and Durable: Even if you take your jeep off-road, these tires can handle the rough terrain. They’re tough and durable, so you don’t have to worry about them being damaged by rocks or other debris.
- Excellent Traction: Whether you’re driving on wet or dry roads, these tires will provide excellent traction. You won’t have to worry about slipping or skidding, even on the most treacherous roads.
- Long-lasting: With proper care, these tires can last for years. You won’t have to replace them as often as you would with other types of tires, which means you’ll save money in the long run.
Our Top Picks for The Best Jeep Tires
- Cooper Evolution M/T All-Season 109Q Tire
- Cooper Discoverer STT Pro All-Season 121Q Tire
- Yokohama GEOLANDAR MT G003 Radial Tire
- Cooper Evolution M/T All-Season 108Q Tire
- Mastercraft Stratus AS All-Season Tire
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Radial Car Tire
- Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar (P) Street Radial Tire
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 Radial Car Tire
Now that you know what to look for in a jeep tire, it’s time to take a closer look at our top picks for the best jeep wrangler tires.
Winter weather can be tough on your tires. Between the snow, ice, and salt, it’s easy for your tires to become worn down and damaged. That’s why you need a tire that can withstand the elements. The Cooper Evolution M/T All-Season mud tires are designed to tackle mud and snow with ease.
The bold tread pattern provides enhanced traction, while the build is meant to withstand damage from gravel and debris. Plus, the tire is studdable for extra traction in harsh winter weather. And with a standard limited warranty, you can be confident that your tires will last. So if you’re looking for an all-season tire that can take on anything, the Cooper Evolution M/T is a great option.
|Designed for off-road and winter driving||Comparatively expensive|
|Bold tread pattern for enhanced traction|
|Studdable for extra traction in winter weather|
|Standard limited warranty|
If you’re looking for an all-terrain tire that can handle just about anything you throw at it, the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro is a good option to consider. It’s one of the most extreme all-season, off-road tires that Cooper offers, and it provides remarkable off-road performance without sacrificing on-road traction.
The tread design helps to prevent stone retention, and the Armor Tek3 construction adds to the tire’s durability. Plus, the shoulder of the tire was designed with soft surface cleats and mud scoops to provide even more traction in challenging conditions. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a very long warranty, but overall, the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro is a great option!
|Extreme all-season, off-road tire||Doesn’t come with a very long warranty|
|Remarkable off-road performance|
|Good on-road traction|
|Tread design helps prevent stone retention|
|Armor Tek3 construction adds to the durability|
Yokohama is a Japanese tire company that has been in business for over 100 years. The GEOLANDAR line is their off-road tire line, and the MT G003 is one of their most popular all-season models. This tire is designed to provide excellent traction on both pavement and lose surfaces, and it features a tread pattern that helps to resist stone retention.
The MT G003 also has sidewalls that are reinforced with Kevlar, which helps to protect against punctures. This tire is made in the United States and comes in a variety of sizes to fit a range of vehicles.
It also has a relatively aggressive tread pattern, which some users may find noisy on paved roads. Overall, the Yokohama GEOLANDAR MT G003 is a great all-purpose tire that can handle just about anything you throw at it.
|Excellent traction on both pavement and lose surfaces||Some users may find the tread pattern noisy on paved roads|
|Resists stone retention|
|Made in the USA|
These winter tires are designed with a bold tread pattern to provide enhanced traction in mud, and it’s also built to withstand damage from gravel and debris. Plus, it’s studdable for extra traction in harsh winter weather. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that this tire is not rated for Highway use.
So if you’re looking for an all-season tire that you can use on the highway, this might not be the best option. But if you need a tire that can handle off-road conditions, the Cooper Evolution M/T might be worth considering.
|Bold tread pattern for enhanced traction||Not rated for highway use|
|Studdable for extra traction in winter weather|
The Mastercraft Stratus AS All-Season tire is a great choice for drivers who are looking for a reliable tire that will perform well in all weather conditions. One of the best features of this tire is the 50,000-mile treadwear protection, which means that you can expect it to last for many years.
The advanced all-season tread design provides excellent traction in both wet and dry conditions, and the deep, lateral shoulder slots help to improve handling. Additionally, the spiral nylon overwrap adds strength and durability to the tire.
Overall, the Mastercraft Stratus AS All-Season tire is a great choice for anyone who wants a high-quality tire that will perform well in all types of weather.
|50,000-mile treadwear protection||None noted|
|Advanced all-season tread design|
|Deep, lateral shoulder slots|
|Spiral nylon overwrap|
The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 is a radial car tire that is designed for both on and off-road use. The tire features a number of key technologies that make it ideal for gravel roads, including CoreGard Technology, which provides a tougher sidewall rubber that is resistant to split and bruise.
In addition, the tire features extended shoulder rubber that is specially formulated to reduce chip and tear, as well as upper sidewall traction bars that help provide grip in slippery conditions.
Overall, the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 is a well-rounded tire that is perfect for those who spend time both on and off the pavement.
|Tough sidewall rubber resists splits and bruises||Best for light trucks|
|Extended shoulder rubber reduces chip and tear|
|Upper sidewall traction bars provide grip in slippery conditions|
Goodyear is a trusted name in jeep wrangler tires, and the Wrangler Kevlar (P) Street Radial is a great option for those looking for a reliable tire that can handle a variety of conditions. Made in the USA, this tire has a load capacity of 2535 pounds and can fit a variety of car types.
The Kevlar-reinforced construction provides durability and strength, while the all-season tread pattern provides traction in both wet and dry conditions. If you’re looking for a tire that can provide a smooth ride and reliable performance, the Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar (P) Street Radial is a great choice.
|Made in the USA||Load capacity needs to improve|
|Kevlar-reinforced construction for durability|
|All-season tread pattern provides traction in both wet and dry conditions|
|The load capacity of 2535 pounds|
With its aggressive tread pattern and reinforced sidewalls, this tire is built to tackle even the most challenging terrain. In terms of performance, the KM3 offers 5% better mud traction and 8% better rock traction than its predecessor.
Additionally, the sidewalls are 27% tougher to resist punctures and other damage. When it comes to fitment, the KM3 is designed as a universal fit tire, meaning it will work with a wide range of vehicles.
So, whether you’re driving a Jeep Wrangler or a Chevy Silverado, the KM3 is a great choice for those who want a tire that can handle any terrain.
|Offers excellent traction in mud and over rocks||May be too aggressive for some drivers|
|Tough sidewalls resist punctures and other damage||Universal fitment makes it a great choice for any vehicle|
|Universal fitment makes it a great choice for any vehicle|
What to Consider When Choosing Jeep Tires?
Not all jeep tires are created equal. There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing the best tires for the jeep wrangler.
- Terrain: The first thing to consider is the type of terrain you’ll be driving on. If you only take your jeep on the occasional off-road adventure, then you don’t need tires that are designed for extreme conditions. But if you frequently drive on rough terrain, then you’ll need tires that can handle anything you throw at them.
- Size: Another important consideration is the size of the tires. You need to make sure the tires you choose are the right size for your jeep. If they’re too small, they won’t be able to provide adequate support or traction. If they’re too big, they could cause damage to your jeep.
- Budget: Of course, you also need to consider your budget when choosing stock jeep wrangler tires. Jeep tires can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand, so you need to find an option that fits your budget.
- Tread Pattern: The tread pattern is also an important consideration. If you frequently drive in wet or icy conditions, then you need a tire with tread blocks that can provide adequate traction. But if you only drive in dry conditions, then you can choose a tire with any type of tread pattern.
How to Maintain Your Jeep Tires?
Once you’ve chosen the perfect tires for your jeep, it’s important to make sure you take care of them. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your tires.
- Check the air pressure: It’s important to check the air pressure in your tires regularly. If the pressure is too low, it can cause damage to the tires.
- Rotate the tires: You should also rotate your tires every 5,000 miles or so. This will help them wear evenly and last longer.
- Clean the tires: It’s also important to clean your tires on a regular basis. This will help remove any dirt or debris that could potentially damage the sand tires.
After reading about the different jeep tires on the market, you might be wondering which one is the best for you. The answer to this question depends on many factors, such as your budget, driving habits, and the conditions of the roads you’ll be driving on.
Choosing the right jeep tires is essential for any driver who wants to be prepared for anything. Keep these considerations in mind, and you’ll be sure to find the perfect tires for your needs. In addition, don’t forget to maintain your tires properly to ensure they last as long as possible.
What tires look good on a Jeep Wrangler?
Many people choose to go with all-terrain tires for their Jeep Wrangler, as they provide good grip and traction on both paved and unpaved surfaces. Some popular all-terrain tire choices for the Jeep Wrangler include the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2, Michelin LTX A/T 2, and Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire.
How do I choose a Jeep tire?
When choosing a tire for your Jeep Wrangler, it is important to consider what type of driving you will be doing most often. If you will be mostly driving on paved roads, then an all-season or summer tire would be a good choice. However, if you plan on doing a lot of off-roading, then an all-terrain or mud-terrain tire would be a better option.
How many miles do Jeep tires last?
This will depend on the type of tire you choose, as well as how you drive and maintain your Jeep Wrangler. All-season tires typically have a tread life of around 40,000 miles, while all-terrain and mud-terrain tires may only last 20,000 to 30,000 miles.
Can I put Rubicon tires on a Sahara?
Yes, you can put Rubicon tires on a Sahara. However, keep in mind that Rubicon tires are designed for off-road use and may not provide the same level of grip and traction on paved roads as all-season or summer tires.
Who makes Wrangler tires?
There are a few different companies that make tires specifically for the Jeep Wrangler, including BFGoodrich, Michelin, and Goodyear. There are also many other tire brands that make tires that will fit the Jeep Wrangler, so you have plenty of choices to choose from.
Are Jeep tires good for snow?
This will depend on the type of tire you choose. All-season tires typically have a higher speed rating and are not as good in the snow as all-terrain or mud-terrain tires. However, there are some all-season tires that are specifically designed for use in snowy conditions. These tires typically have a lower speed rating and may not be suitable for off-roading.